"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Book Review: Foundations of Drawing


While I don't regret being self-taught, I do sometimes wonder about what if I had gone to art school and how would it have influenced my creativity. So, I try to read about art as often as I can and that's why I was drawn to Al Gury's Foundations of Drawing. As the author states in his introduction: "The book takes the point of view that clear information on the history, materials, and techniques of drawing creates the ability to understand drawing, make choices, and chart one's development in drawing with a sense of confidence."

Included in this book are works of masters as well as students of the author, as young as first grader as he elaborates on the evolution and use of tools and techniques of the trade. There are 5 chapters - Essential History of Drawing, Essential Drawing Materials, Essential Drawing Skills (this one's my favorite!), Essential Aesthetics in Drawing and Essential Drawing Demonstrations.

And if you have ever wondered why is it so very hard to draw a straight line, you have to read this book!  

*I got this book from Blogging for Books for this review.  

No comments: